This website is not associated with or owned by the EU. The European Union’s official website is

  • EU Schengen
  • Non-EU Schengen States
  • Non-Schengen EU States
Grenada citizens do not require a visa to enter any of the Schengen countries for stays of up to 90 days. This is because the EU and the Caribbean island inked a short-stay visa waiver agreement in 2015.

Although Granadians do not require a visa to travel Europe for less than 90 days, they must apply for an ETIAS visa waiver from Granada. ETIAS will begin operations in late 2023.

An authorised ETIAS for Grenadian people is a multiple-entry travel authorization that allows the holder to visit any of the Schengen Area territories for 90 days per entry, once every 180 days.

It is valid for three years from the date of approval, so there is no need to apply for ETIAS before every trip to Europe.

An granted ETIAS from Grenada permits the holder to several short visits in all Schengen Area nations for transit, tourism, business, or medical treatment.

For Grenada citizens, paid employment in Europe with an ETIAS is not possible. Grenadian nationals who seek to work in the Schengen Area while travelling with an approved ETIAS risk having their visa waiver withdrawn, as this would violate the terms of the ETIAS.

Grenadian passport holders who want to work in Europe must apply for a work visa or work permit from the embassy or consulate of the Schengen countries where they want to work.

A Grenada ETIAS visa waiver is valid for transit through the Schengen Area on the way to another destination, or for visiting Schengen nations for tourism, business, or medical treatment.

Holders of an ETIAS for Grenadians are not permitted to pursue a higher education programme in the Schengen zone. This would render the conditions under which ETIAS is issued null and void, perhaps resulting in the cancellation of the approved visa waiver.

To study in Europe, Grenada citizens must apply for an appropriate national visa or study visa from an embassy or consulate of the Schengen countries in which they desire to study.