This website is not associated with or owned by the EU. The European Union’s official website is

  • EU Schengen
  • Non-EU Schengen States
  • Non-Schengen EU States
ETIAS is an electronic travel permit that enables its possessor to enter the Schengen Zone. However, ETIAS cannot be used to stay in Europe for an extended period of time, nor does it allow for residence.

An ETIAS is valid for three years after it has been authorised. Unless the passport expires before ETIAS, in which case a fresh application for ETIAS is required. A valid ETIAS allows passengers to stay in the Schengen Area for up to 90 days during a 180-day period. This implies that a South Korean traveller can only remain in the Schengen Area for 90 days in six months.

To live in a Schengen country, South Koreans and other third-country nationals must first learn about the country’s residence requirements. The Schengen Area consists of 26 nations, and while they share immigration regulations, each country has its own set of conditions for settling on its territory.

South Koreans can travel with ETIAS on several occasions throughout a three-year period. Their ETIAS will be valid for three years as long as the passport used on the application is valid. ETIAS allows for stays in the Schengen Zone of up to 90 days. Travelers from South Korea having an authorised ETIAS can travel freely between all member nations. While travelling with ETIAS, travellers are encouraged not to overstay in Europe.
South Koreans who want to study or work in Europe must apply for a student visa or a work permit. ETIAS does not permit holders to stay in Europe for lengthy periods of time. ETIAS is a visa-free entrance requirement that South Koreans and other visa-free nationals must fulfil in order to enter the Schengen Area.

ETIAS will be required to enter Europe, but individuals who intend to study or work in the area must additionally apply at an embassy or consulate. Each Schengen Area member country has distinct visa requirements for foreign people who want to stay in the region. In general, candidates for study in Europe must demonstrate that they have adequate finances to sustain themselves while living in Europe, submit an admission letter, and have private health insurance, among other conditions.

There are also numerous sorts of work visas and requirements based on a person’s citizenship. If the applicant is married to an EU citizen, for example, the circumstances will be different. South Koreans should contact the embassy of the country where they intend to study or work to better understand the criteria for a student or work visa.