This website is not associated with or owned by the EU. The European Union’s official website is

  • EU Schengen
  • Non-EU Schengen States
  • Non-Schengen EU States
Hong Kong residents are permitted to enter the Schengen Area visa-free and remain for up to 90 days. Hong Kong citizens will still be given visa-free access into the European Union once the ETIAS is fully functioning, as long as they enroll in the ETIAS.

An approved ETIAS will grant its holder 90 days within a 180-day term of travel inside the Schengen Area for Hong Kong natives.

Holders of ETIAS from all eligible countries, including Hong Kong, are given 90 days within a 180-day period to spend in any Schengen Area country. This means that both the 90-day and 180-day periods begin on the day the Hong Kong traveller enters the Schengen zone for the first time.

Once the 90-day term has expired, a Hong Kongese visitor must leave the Schengen Area and travel to a nation where they are permitted to visit until the 180-day period expires. Failure to do so, that is, exceeding the 90-day stay limit, may result in fines or deportation.

Yes. Hong Kong citizens may stay in Schengen Area nations for more than 90 days if they have the necessary visa.

Hong Kong residents who intend to spend more than 90 days in the Schengen Area within a 180-day period can apply for various sorts of European visas. The type of visa required by a Hong Kong citizen depends on the reason of their trip to Europe as well as the length of their stay.

To find out what type of Europe visa a Hong Kong citizen need, they should go to the nearest consulate or embassy to the nation they wish to visit.

Consulate or embassy staff can examine citizens in terms of the precise requirements they must complete as well as the documents they must show in order to apply for a visa.