This website is not associated with or owned by the EU. The European Union’s official website is

  • EU Schengen
  • Non-EU Schengen States
  • Non-Schengen EU States
Students and professionals from Vanuatu may attend academic events in Europe on an ETIAS if they meet the following criteria:

  • The ETIAS must be valid beyond the class dates
  • The conference, congress, workshop, course or summit must have a duration of under 90 days
  • The event must take place in a European country that belongs to the Schengen Area

Ni-Vanuatu nationals who want to study at a European university in the Schengen Area must contact the consulate or embassy of the country where the school is located. The student must have an acceptance letter from the university where they wish to study.

Following that, the Vanuatu student must apply for a study visa by presenting their passport, acceptance letter, and any other documents required by the embassy or consulate.

The ETIAS travel authorization for Europe allows holders from Vanuatu to stay in the Schengen area for up to 90 days in any 180-day period.

The ETIAS allows Ni-Vanuatu holders to enter all member countries and travel freely between them as long as they do not exceed the maximum stay.

This period of stay is available to Ni-Vanuatu ETIAS holders doing business in Schengen countries of the European Union.

However, Ni-Vanuatu passport holders who wish to seek employment or begin working in the Schengen Area must apply for a work visa through the embassy or consulate of the country in which they wish to reside.

Travellers from Vanuatu passing through the Schengen Area on their way to a third-country destination must have the necessary travel documents in order to board their flight.

Regardless of how short their layover, transit passengers from Vanuatu must bring the following documents with them when they arrive at Schengen border control in Europe:

  • A valid Ni-Vanuatu passport that is unexpired
  • An approved ETIAS travel authorisation for Europe
  • An onward ticket for a destination the traveler is allowed to enter (they must have a valid visa or travel authorization for this country if one is required)