This website is not associated with or owned by the EU. The European Union’s official website is

  • EU Schengen
  • Non-EU Schengen States
  • Non-Schengen EU States
The ETIAS visa waiver allows Salvadorans to stay in any Schengen member country for up to 90 days in a row. Salvador ETIAS holders can enter all Schengen countries several times throughout their three-year validity period.

Each visit to the Schengen Area must take place within 90 days of the previous 180-day term. When the 90-day period within Schengen borders expires, Salvadoran ETIAS holders must spend the next 90 days outside the Schengen Area before being granted admission again.

Travelers who stay longer than the allowed 90 days may face serious consequences, such as having their ETIAS cancelled, having to pay a fine, or even being deported.

Salvadoran passport holders who wish to stay in the Schengen Area for more than 90 days in a row may apply for a European visa. This can be accomplished by visiting the consulate or embassy of the nation in which they desire to reside.

Salvadoran passport holders, like any other citizen with an approved ETIAS, are not permitted to work or seek employment in Europe. The ETIAS visa waiver, on the other hand, allows holders to do business in Europe for up to 90 days.

Travelers from Salvador who seek to work or look for work in Europe should contact the embassy or consulate of the nation in which they intend to reside. Diplomatic officials can advise them on the requirements they must meet in order to apply for a residence or work visa.

Conditions and required documents for a work visa may vary from one Schengen country to another. Embassy personnel of the country a citizen wishes to live in are well equipped to inform them in this regards, and also on processing time, validity, and more.

Salvadoran students must get a student visa for the nation in which they wish to study. Students might travel to Europe on an ETIAS to get to know several towns and universities before deciding where they want to continue their studies.

Salvadorans must visit the embassy or consulate of the country where their desired university is located in their country of residency. Embassy employees will be ready to provide students with information on how to obtain a student visa.

When pursuing graduate courses or a master’s degree, El Salvadorans must receive a letter of acceptance from a certain university. Other requirements for a student visa may differ from one Schengen member country to the next.