CAN YOU TRAVEL TO EUROPE WITHOUT A VACCINE?
Yes, several European nations have reopened their borders to all visitors, even those who have not been immunised against COVID-19. However, because the epidemic is still occurring, vaccinations and testing are still advised before travel.
TRAVELLING THE EU WITH A VACCINE PASSPORT
During the pandemic, travel between EU or Schengen member states may necessitate an EU vaccination passport or an acceptable equivalent from a non-EU country.
The specific requirements vary by nation, although most only admit travellers with one or more of the following:
- Proof of vaccination
- Proof of recent recovery from COVID-19
- Negative test result
These are all displayed on the EUDCC.
This implies that you can travel between some European nations without getting vaccinated. Travelers, on the other hand, encounter less barriers while visiting another EU country if they can produce proof of immunisation.
COUNTRIES THAT REQUIRE A COVID VACCINE TO TRAVEL: EUROPE
Some EU and EFTA nations continue to require travellers to demonstrate that they are not at risk of carrying coronavirus:
In many circumstances, proof of recovery or a negative COVID-19 test result is also accepted.
The laws for entrance vary on a regular basis, therefore it is essential to know what you need to enter your target country before you fly.
COVID VACCINE TO TRAVEL TO EUROPE IN 2022: WHAT PASSENGERS CAN DO NOW
Travellers wanting to visit Europe or other locations in 2022 should do the following to prepare:
- Check health travel requirements for Europe frequently and consult the country-specific travel advisory.
- Read the terms and conditions of their flight and get in touch with the airline to ask about vaccination requirements 6-8 weeks before flying.
- Get vaccinated as soon as their health service offers the opportunity.
- Keep detailed records of their vaccinations/COVID-19 testing safe.
- Have the documentation regarding their vaccinations/COVID-19 testing translated into English or another accepted language (if applicable).