This website is not associated with or owned by the EU. The European Union’s official website is

  • EU Schengen
  • Non-EU Schengen States
  • Non-Schengen EU States
Micronesian nationals having an authorised ETIAS permit may stay in the Schengen Area for up to 90 days in each 180-day period. This certificate permits Micronesian holders to travel any and all Schengen member countries for tourism, leisure, business, medical reasons, and transit.

The ETIAS is valid for three years or until the corresponding passport expires, whichever comes first. The ETIAS for Micronesians is valid for three years and permits travellers numerous entrances into Europe as long as they do not exceed the time limit.

ETIAS allows for 90-day stays within a 180-day timeframe. This means that the 90-day count begins with the first arrival of a Micronesian ETIAS bearer during the 180-day period.

The 90 days granted to Micronesian passport holders with an authorised ETIAS do not have to be consecutive; they are cumulative. When the 180-day period expires, people may be given an additional 90 days to spend within Schengen borders.

The ETIAS travel authorisation grants Micronesian holders permission to visit Europe for short trips to do business, among other purposes.

Travelers are allowed to participate in business activities in all of the Schengen member nations. Micronesian citizens who intend to work in Europe, but are yet undecided in regards to which country they would like to reside in, can use an ETIAS to visit all Schengen countries until they choose the one that fits their needs.

Once the Micronesian citizen has chosen a country to work and reside in, they will need to visit the embassy or consulate of this nation in order to enquire about obtaining a work visa.

European work visas are country-specific. That is why it is necessary to visit the embassy or consulate of the country a Micronesian would like to reside in, in order to obtain a work visa.

Requirements for European work visas may vary from one nation to another, and diplomatic personnel can inform you about required documents, application procedures as well as processing time.

Please note that the ETIAS does not grant Micronesian holders permission to engage in paid work activities nor seek employment in Europe. ETIAS holders found seeking employment or working in Europe without the required work visa may have their ETIAS revoked, or face fines, among other consequences.

Because ETIAS authorisation for Micronesians cannot be transferred to a second passport, people having dual citizenship must verify the following:

  • Choose one of your valid passports should both be eligible for an ETIAS
  • Use the chosen passport to apply for your ETIAS from Micronesia
  • Travel on the passport for which your ETIAS was approved.

Important: If you travel on a passport that you did not use to apply for the ETIAS, authorities will be unable to read your travel authorization. Please apply for ETIAS using the same passport that you want to travel with.

All Micronesian nationals, regardless of age, who travel to any Schengen member country must have a valid ETIAS visa waiver. This means that the ETIAS for Micronesians will be mandatory for children as well.

If you are a parent or legal guardian travelling with children under the age of 18 from Micronesia to Europe:

  • You may fill out the form on the child’s behalf
  • Make sure to use the child’s personal and passport data
  • You can provide your own credit or debit card details

You should use your own email address, as this is where the minor’s ETIAS travel authorization will be sent.