This website is not associated with or owned by the EU. The European Union’s official website is

  • EU Schengen
  • Non-EU Schengen States
  • Non-Schengen EU States

Malaysian nationals do not need to apply for a visa to travel to Schengen member nations in Europe. Malaysian citizens can visit Europe for brief periods of time without a visa.

Citizens with a valid Malaysian passport who desire to travel to any of the Schengen nations will, nevertheless, be allowed to apply for ETIAS beginning in late 2023. ETIAS is a visa waiver or electronic travel authorisation that allows you to stay in the region for up to 90 days.

ETIAS will also be necessary to travel to Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, and Romania, all of which are EU nations that are in the process of entering the Schengen Area.

The ETIAS visa waiver can be obtained promptly using an online application. Malaysians must hold a valid passport at the time of application.

No, the ETIAS travel authorization allows holders to stay in the Schengen Zone for a limited time. Malaysians who want to work in Europe must first get a valid work visa. The ETIAS can be used for tourism, commerce, and travel, but it does not provide the holder the ability to work in Europe.

Malaysian nationals must travel to the embassy or consulate of the European country where they desire to work and fulfil all of the necessary conditions. A work visa for a certain country may not be valid to work in another European country, unlike the ETIAS, which is valid to visit all Schengen states. In other words, when it comes to applying for a work visa in Europe, each nation has its own set of regulations and requirements.

ETIAS can be utilised for commercial purposes, however it does not allow ETIAS holders to operate in Europe.

Malaysian nationals who hold a valid ETIAS cannot study in Europe. The ETIAS permits holders to travel to the Schengen region for vacation, business, or transit. ETIAS allows you to visit friends and relatives, but you cannot enrol in school or university.

If Malaysian nationals want to study in Europe, they need contact the embassy or consulate of the country where they want to study. In most situations, a student must first be accepted into a school or university before applying for a student visa.

A student visa normally requires the completion of an official student visa form, a letter of invitation from the school or institution, proof of financial means for the duration of the stay, and medical insurance. It is preferable to schedule an appointment with the embassy or consulate to obtain all of the required papers.